ARC licence number – AU54842
Why is my AC blowing out warm air? This is a question you hopefully never have to ask yourself because when you turn your AC on, you want it blowing cool or even cold air that lowers the temperature in your home. You might even want it to be lowering the actual humidity in your home.
When your AC does blow out warm air, two things need to happen. First, the specific problem needs to be identified. Second, an answer must be found.
Air conditioners blowing out warm air can happen for many reasons, but here are the five most common scenarios:
- No Outside Electricity: If you have a split air conditioning system, then you have both indoor and outdoor system components. If the outdoor unit has any kind of interruption to its power supply, then the indoor components might be working when the outdoor components are idle. This results in only warm air getting pushed around.
- Frozen Evaporator Coil: Your AC works by extracting heat out of the air, and it does this by removing moisture from the air. Moisture collection on evaporator coils can freeze, preventing the heat transfer from taking place. The result is inevitably warm air.
- Dirty Air Filter: With dirty filters, your AC can’t move air through the whole system the way it should. This will strain your AC, resulting in warm air coming out. Looking for a dirty filter is one of the first things that you should check out.
- Errors With Thermostat Settings: There are times that innocent mistakes lead to seemingly serious problems. If your blower fan has been set to an “On” setting instead of “Auto”, then it will run constantly. If it’s not an active cooling cycle, then you’ll get warm air instead.
- Refrigerant Leak: If the system’s refrigerant leaks out, then the system won’t be charged up properly for finishing its cooling cycles. Warning signs include frozen evaporator coils, hissing noises coming from system components, and unexplained rises in your monthly utility bills. Only HVAC technicians can address refrigerant issues.
You might be able to identify the specific issue behind your situation, but you might not be equipped to deal with it. Rely on the professionals of CLF Services to come out and fix everything wrong with your system so you can start getting cool air flowing again.
For more information or to make an appointment, please call CLF Services on 1300 257 561.