Have you ever heard of “air conditioner regas”?
At some point in your home air conditioner’s lifespan, there is a possibility that it will require a regassing. What does that mean?
Air conditioner regas is the process of removing the old refrigerant gas from your air conditioning system and replacing it with new refrigerant, so your air con can run cold again. How would you know when it is time for a regas? Here are some tips:
- When the vents start blowing off warm air instead of cool air
- When you notice ice formation anywhere around the air con unit
- When the air con unit starts making strange sounds or emitting unusual odour
- When it takes longer for a room to get cold
- When you have higher electric bills
These are just some of the symptoms of an air conditioning unit that needs regassing, but remember that there can still be different reasons why your air conditioner is acting up that is why hiring a professional air conditioner technician is still highly recommended.
An air conditioning regas is important to maintain your unit’s functionality and to prevent it from completely breaking down. It is essential to the function of air conditioning systems – without it, your unit would merely circulate hot air through the room. Topping it up is important to ensure that the air conditioner remains in good condition.
It is important to remember, however, that a regas may not necessarily form a part of regular air conditioning maintenance check-up. If your technician recommends a regas, it will most likely be an additional service.
How essential is an air conditioner regas?
Very essential! Here are some of the reasons why:
- It allows your aircon to function at maximum energy efficiency
- It prevents a snowball of mechanical faults that may arise due to low gas level
- It allows the aircon cool the room temperature like it’s supposed to
Just a 10% drop in your gas can lead to a 20% increase in your electricity bill, so don’t put off maintenance.
Regularly scheduling for an air conditioning service avoids the need for emergency air con service which can cost more than a regular maintenance check.
CLF Services offers a broad range of services for aircon owners in Brisbane, including aircon repair, aircon installation, and even gas top-up services for different unit types. Each service is priced competitively to ensure you’re motivated to keep your aircon performing at its peak.
Call CLF Services today on xxx for more information.